Derek Clegg

I allow free download/video use of my music under Attribution-NonCommercial-ShareAlike 3.0.  

You are free to download and share my music under this same license.  If you would like to support me, you can buy my music from most on-line music retailers(iTunes, amazon, etc.).  Or listen to me on music subscription services like Spotify. 

For use in video, you must adhere to the following guidelines...

1.  You must give credit somewhere in the video and a link back to my website
2.  You cannot run Google ads, promote a product/company, use in internal company video, or use in a movie/short that may have commercial interest without contacting me for the possibility of a "use license".

If you received a content flag, please read below.

Information below taken from

AdRev & Youtube

Information for those who use my music in their online videos and have received a message stating “matched third party content” and that ads will be enabled on your video

Why this is happening

In an attempt to protect my intellectual property from improper and disallowed use, my work is registered with a company that scans uploaded Youtube content and flags it where it deems my work has been used improperly.

This is not a perfect system and your legitimate use of my work may be flagged. Don’t worry, you can dispute a claim per the instructions on this page. Providing you are using my work within your allowed use, you will not receive a strike against your account.

The attempt of the company is not to stop people from utilising my music online; far from it as I encourage the free use of my work. Instead they are there to ensure that those who are using my music are doing so within the realms of what is allowed.

This means that those uploading commercial content or monetising videos without a license will be forced to have advertising on their videos or have the video removed.

A lot of content can be flagged due to users not complying with the full Creative Commons license.


How To Dispute

If you are legitimately and legally using my music within the terms, then you can dispute the claim.

1) Go to the video manager page
2) Click the “matched third party content” blue hyperlink next to the video you wish to dispute a claim on
3) Click “Dispute”
4) Scroll down and select the 5th click option “I have a license or written permission from the proper rights holder to use this material” and Click “Continue”.
5) Click “I am sure that I have a license or written permission, and I want to dispute this claim” and click “Continue”
5) In the “Please explain briefly section” type “I have obtained a license for online use from The Music Bed“ (Proof required) OR I have obtained a license for online use from Dexter Britain Music under creative commons”.
6) Click the “I have a good faith belief…” box and enter your name
7) Click continue
8) Click “Submit Dispute” on the following page, and confirm the dispute by clicking “OK” on the pop up window.
9) Confirmation page will launch